IWRA’s Webinar on World Water Day 2019 “Leaving No One Behind” (22 March – 3:00pm CET)!
As every year, World Water Day is held on March 22nd, and IWRA invites you to celebrate it with us. Join IWRA’s new webinar on World Water Day 2019 “Leaving No One Behind“ on Friday, March 22nd from 3:00pm to 4:30pm CET. Participation to this webinar is free and open to all. Audience questions are encouraged. To register to the webinar please access this link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5320826334920420610 This year’s World Water Day theme on ‘Leaving No One Behind’ is about tackling the water crisis by addressing the reasons why billions of people (women, children, refugees, indigenous peoples, disabled people, etc.) are being left behind. As you may know, the theme adapts the central promise of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development that as sustainable development progresses, everyone must benefit. Sustainable Development Goal 6 is crystal clear: water for all by 2030. By definition, this means leaving no one behind. But today, so many people are still living without safe water in households, schools, workplaces, factories, farms, etc. struggling to access and manage the safe water they need. Our speakers come from international organisations, the academia and civic society to provide a number of perspectives on this fundamental, crucial theme. Topics include:
- Leaving No One Behind Through Law and Policy Reform
- Self-Sustaining Resource Circulated Sanitation: A Nature-Based Sanitation Solution Towards Leaving No One Behind
- Promises, Promises: But Who Does What on the Ground?
- Social Dimensions: Challenges and Opportunities for Inclusion
- Leaving No One Behind: Meaningful Participation and Indigenous People
- Shervin Hashemi, Post-doctorate, Seoul National University
- Alejandro Jimenez, Program Director for Content Development in Water Governance, Stockholm International Water Institute
- Amanda Loeffen, Director General, WaterLex
- Alexander Otte, Associate Programme Specialist, Division of Water Sciences, UNESCO
- Lesha Witmer, Steering Committee Member, Women for Water Partnership
Start date: March 22, 2019
End date: March 22, 2019
Organization: International Water Resources Association - IWRA