UNESCO Groundwater Youth Network - call for interest
UNESCO is committed to engaging with youth and young scientists as knowledge holders, change-makers and leaders that contribute to addressing water security. The Groundwater and Settlement Section of the Water Sciences Division of UNESCO is proposing to create a Groundwater Youth Network (GWYN).
Objectives of the GWYN
- Give young professionals an opportunity to be included in decision-making processes by sharing their ideas, experiences and good practices.
- Develop young participants professionally through capacity building programmes.
- Serve as an advocacy mechanism on behalf of young professionals to promote youth participation in international groundwater activities.
- Identify key joint priorities and plans to implement initiatives related to groundwater and youth.
- Provide a platform to share technical and operational recommendations and solutions to integrate the youth perspective in the preparation of UNESCO’s activities and events related to groundwater.