World Water Day Kids Summit
For more than 10 years, school children in Osaka, Japan, have held their own World Water Day Kids Summit, and made a powerful declarations to the world about how they value water.
Their plan, or set of rules, is a reminder about the importance of our local rivers and water sources, and also our personal responsibilities.
Here are their top 10 tips:
- Care for limited resources and do not waste water
- Cooperate in recycling.
- Do not destroy and pollute nature.
- Do not cheat by saying “I am not the only one who has done that” or “It is not my business”.
- Make yourself love the sea, river, and nature.
- Consciously think water is "delicious" when you drink water.
- Observe rivers and ponds to see what kind of animals or plants are living there.
- Stop littering!
- To make many people know the importance of water, create some events that various people can participate in.
- Volunteer activities at elementary school committees.